Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No fresh herbs?? No problem!


I have been having a hard time finding label refills for my P-Touch label maker, so I'll be postponing my great File Overhaul for a few days. But I'm getting ready, the piles of paperwork are ready too!

I wanted to share about a nice little product that I was introduced to by Money Saving Mom . It was a great deal last week at my local grocery stores so I thought I'd give it a try.

I love using fresh herbs when cooking but in the winter it's sometimes hard to run out to get the herbs that you need for a recipe. Well I was cooking one of my favorite recipes Farfalle with Zucchini. It calls for some fancy lemon basil, which I did not have. I didn't even have any fresh basil so I popped out this new product:







Dorot Frozen herbs.


These are cute little cubes of frozen herbs. 1 cube = 1 tsp of the herb. They have a variety of herbs to choose from. For this recipe I needed Basil.








I plopped in 4 cubes (4 teaspoons) into the recipe








And the final product - see those pretty little specks of basil. The flavor was great. I'll be stocking up on these for wintertime cooking!




No comments:

Post a Comment